Thursday, April 23, 2009
Amusement
It amuses me immensely that people take strong stances on stupid things. Take gay marriage for instance... unless you're gay or are friends with a gay person, why in the holy fuck do you care? I care so little that when the topic comes up I literally say "who cares" and don't bother presenting my point of view. I'm not even going to present it now, because it doesn't matter, it has nothing to do with me. Why do Americans LOVE to stick their nose in everyone else's business so much? It's incredibly annoying. Things like abortion are similar, I'll never be in that situation, so why do I care? People who are actually dealing with the issues are the ones who should make the call. Women and men who have either kept a baby, aborted one, or are considering one or the other are the only ones qualified to make that decision. Do I have an opinion... of course... do I think my opinion is well-informed... not in the least, so I'll mind my own business. I have no idea what emotions are attached to that kind of thing, so why should I have any say in it? Furthermore, why in this "free" country, and I use the term with strong sarcasm, do people want to force their morals on others? There's not a single law in a truely free country that should have anything to do with morality. Laws exist to protect people, if a law doesn't protect someone, it's pointless. I'm not saying abortion laws don't protect people mind you, they may or may not, it doesn't matter. What I'm saying is that things like the death penalty are stupid things to debate. If that person has murdered 12 people in cold blood, then that person being alive is a threat to us all, so fucking kill his crazy ass. As far as HIM being protected, breaking a law voids many of your rights, so that's not even a consideration. Any moron who thinks that murderers have rights needs to be moved to an isolated town. Then we can release all of the murderers into that town, because it violates their rights to be locked up... problem solved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment